- The General Society Board of Managers is composed
of the General Officers, Past General Presidents and
one member of the Board of Managers from each State Societies.
- Each State Societies must register its official representative
with the General Secretary in order to be entitled
to have its one vote recorded officially.
- The privileges of the floor, are, nonetheless,
accorded to all members of the Sons present.
- All reports should be submitted in writing to the
General Secretary and oral synopsis thereof limited
to two minutes.
- No member of the Sons shall speak more than once
on the same subject nor longer than two minutes at
one time until all who wish to speak have had the
opportunity to speak.
- All resolutions to be considered at the Board of
Managers meeting must be submitted at least sixty
days prior to a meeting of the Board or be recommended
by the Resolutions Committee unless voted to be considered
by 2/3 vote of the members of the Board of Managers
- Upon recognition by the chair, a speaker should
state his name and official position in the General
Society and, if appropriate, whether he is the official
State Societies Representative entitled to cast that
state’s vote. Speakers are requested to mind
their REAL BP’s, i.e., their remarks should
be Relevant, Entertaining, Articulate, Limited, Brief
- All Parliamentary procedures will be based upon Robert’s Rules of Order (revised).